Effective utilization of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) in fuel cell applications requires the removal of sulfur impurities to prevent degradation of the cell stacks and poisoning of the catalysts used in the fuel processor. The sulfur species and their concentration in LPG greatly varies depending on the supplier and the source of the feedstock. Typical LPG contains hydrogen sulfide (H2S), methyl and ethyl mercaptans, carbonyl sulfide (COS), and dimerization products of the mercaptans (e.g., di-sulfides and tri-sulfides).
SulfaTrapTM sorbents effectively remove all sulfur compounds from LPG (18 cc sorbent desulfurizes 20 lb reusable tank, while less than 2 cc sorbent is needed to desulfurize a single use 2 lb tank). Our sorbents reduce the sulfur concentration in the fuel to ppb levels to ensure maximum protection.
- Ambient temperature operation
- High capacity
- High removal efficiency to all sulfur species
- Reducing sulfur concentration to less than 5 ppbv
- Tolerance to heavy hydrocarbons and olefins, including high levels of propylene present in HD5
- Easy disposal
- No flammability, toxicity or pyrophorocity
- Regenerable or expendable operation
- SulfaTrapTM-P1 LPG DesulfurizationSulfaTrapTM-R5P COS RemovalSulfaTrapTM-R8 LPG Desulfurization (di-sulfides)